Customer Service Executive (Part-time)
20 hours per week – £9.40 per hour
The Customer Service Executive is responsible for proactive relationship building with Customers. This position delivers programs built to effectively retain customers through positive relationship building, listening to concerns/addressing issues, and educating on available products and services. With a customer oriented focus in order to preserve long term customer satisfaction. Has to be organised, have excellent communication skills and display good-judgement and previous experience in a customer service role is essential.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Undertake the customer retention initiative, including Welcome Calls, 3 month and 9 month retention calls, new initiative calls and confirmation of booking calls.
- Document all customer interactions in Flightdeck (CRM system), with detailed notes of discussions, contact made and feedback.
- Look for opportunities to celebrate achievements and “good news” heard from customers and to ensure other departments hear “what is working”.
- Educate customers regarding new product offerings; help develop their use across the membership. Improve service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand member needs, providing guidance, and feedback.
- Provide tailored responses that match the caller’s expectations and demonstrate a sense of urgency for their request. Build a strong rapport by utilizing interpersonal skills, asking clarifying questions, and anticipating member needs.
- Build positive working relationships with Partners/Customers to increase repeat business and leads for potential members. Enhance customer loyalty and upsell accordingly.
- Develop strategies and recommendations to retain customers before cancellation based on working with inactive Members. Provide solutions or promotional offers designed to retain them as a member.
- Handle Member cancellation requests via telephone, email, or action tracking and work to positively resolve issues.
- To produce monthly and ad-hoc reports to the direct line manager.
Essential Skills & Attributes
In order to perform this role effectively the following skills and attributes are essential:
- Excellent and confident telephone manner (Essential)
- Smart appearance and pleasant demeanour
- Flexible approach to working
- Confident with excellent communication skills
- Comfortable with a degree of autonomy
- A pro-active and positive approach to their work
- Up-to-date office IT skills e.g. MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, Database input
Tasks to be performed are not limited by this job description. The post-holder will be required to take additional duties within their capabilities as and when workloads demand. The role may change depending on the needs of the business. Training and support will be given in the event of major changes.
- To work closely with other members of the Team to ensure that all Business Plan, Performance and Financial Targets are achieved.
- To keep updated with all new literature and information and maintain a thorough knowledge of new procedures and statutory/regulatory requirements.
- To work closely with other team members and complement and support the organisation’s delivery and development.
- To ensure that all information is entered on to the Chamber’s CRM system in accordance with agreed procedures.
- To adhere to and actively promote the Chamber Equal Opportunities policy.
- At all times to work within the Chamber Health and Safety policy and ensure so far as is reasonable, that safe working practices are established, maintained and followed.
- To work within and assist in maintaining the BCC Accreditation Standard for the organisation.
- Any other duties as directed by the Head of Skills and Retention.
Please forward your CV and a covering letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org