To connect our young employees and business owners across our magnificent county by strengthening relationships and expanding knowledge of and retaining the existing talent pool that will be our future economic drivers. The development of this community will support a sustainable future and help make Shropshire great.
Who did we create this group for?
The 1835 Group is made up of young people within Shropshire businesses between the ages of 18-35 who are looking to socialise with like-minded contemporaries, further their own knowledge and make a positive impact on the business community of Shropshire.
This group was created in September 2019 to bring together ambitious young people from a wealth of industries, skillsets and backgrounds, helping them to connect, engage and succeed with the Shropshire Chamber.
Why did we create this group?
To help you to shape the future of Shropshire’s business landscape, make lasting connections, gain invaluable insight and strengthen your own skills with the 1835 Group.
What exactly is it?
The benefits of joining:
- Meeting new people and developing new business opportunities
- Expanding your network of business contactsacross a variety of skillsets and industries
- Helping to shape the future of Shropshire’s business community
- Getting inspired by interesting talks and socialising with a great group of people
- Creating a supportive network to share ideas and knowledge
- Having your say on what matters to you, your career and your business
- Broadening your knowledge base and skills through useful programs and presentations, including learning from both your peers and more experienced professionals
How will it be delivered and what is the cost?
We will arrange a minimum of 4 events per year at just £25.
Come and meet interesting and ambitious young people from around Shropshire in a casual environment to eat and sip while socialising, talking business and what’s currently going on in Shropshire and beyond.
When and where will the 1835 Group be meeting?
We will be launching the 1835 Group on Thursday September 26 at our new offices in Shrewsbury, click here to BOOK to attend the launch.
Further dates are shown below:
- December 5
- February 6
- May 21
- September 10
All 1835 Group meeting will be after hours from 5 to 7pm at various establishments around Shropshire featuring food, drinks, lively debate, activities, maybe even some live music and many great opportunities to network.
To find out more details about the 1835 Group and how you can join, please contact
Rachel Owen on 01952 208200
or email: email@example.com
Chair of this group will be:
Amelia Ebdon – Marketing Manager, Network Telecom