Dedicated to sharing opportunities, knowledge and expertise, Shropshire Chamber is a dynamic member-led organisation that is firmly committed to positively impacting the local economy, and supports a network of more than 750 county-based businesses, strengthening their position in the region, ensuring their voices are heard, and providing useful connections and valuable access to new ideas and innovations.
Despite being a not-for-profit organisation, Shropshire Chamber is powerfully placed to help those who are and here a just a few of the highlights of the last year showing how we contributed to the ever growing Shrophire business community landscape:
• We are delighted to announce that our new office in Shrewsbury is now open for business. Previously based at the Food Enterprise Centre, Shropshire Chamber purchased the building in Henry Close with the vision to make it a fit for purpose member facility which allowed its members access to a board room, two training rooms and a members lounge.
It is certainly a place that can be used to do business, hold meetings, run courses or just stop off for a chat with a member of the Chamber team or an adviser from the Shropshire International Trade Team.
The project completely transformed the shell of the original building into a bright, modern working facility for the Chamber team and the members of Shropshire Chamber business community.
Richard Sheehan, Chief Executive, Shropshire Chamber said of the project, “As part of our ongoing commitment to supporting our members and the wider Shropshire business community we are delighted to have made a significant investment in our new Shrewsbury facilities Chamber House.
“As the only accredited Chamber representing Shropshire business it is fitting that we have added this fabulous facility in support of our reach across the largest inland county in England.”
The project was made available through the Marches Building Investment Grant – a scheme to renovate, reconfigure and/or extend commercial premises to improve productivity. The project was also part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund.
• Our DIT funded International Trade Advisors have supported Shropshire Businesses through 2019 to the value of over £100m worth of business won across the globe, helping to grow the Shropshire Economy.
• Our newly strengthened International Trade Documentation team have produced over 2900 sets of compliant documents helping to move over £50m worth of Shropshire goods and services around the world.
• Our choice based membership model continues to be well received with over 39% of our training and events accessed free of charge via membership engagement with the Chamber and its membership has shown sustainable growth.
• We have developed and launched our 1835 group for younger people.We already have over 30 members with one business enrolling 13 members of staff. This membership will connect our young people in business and academia, giving a sense of belonging and opportunities for personal development whilst raising awareness of the Chamber.
• Our Corporate Membership designed to provide senior team development across Leadership, Strategy, Sales, HR and Compliance is now launched. Early feedback suggests it fits the needs of Shropshire businesses. This membership will nurture modern-day leaders to make their mark.
• As our business community strive to become better connected, our events have seen 1442 attendees during 2019 helping participants to find new contacts and new business opportunities.
• At a time when we hear of the ongoing challenges that businesses face with skill shortages our Chamber training has upskilled 549 participants this year.
• We have delivered a project in 2019 on behalf of BEIS focused on a No-Deal Brexit. The team worked together and delivered an extraordinary programme of events and training. Feedback was exceptional and as a result we expect more opportunity via Growth Hubs.
• Our virtual Pathway2Careers advice platform is now fully functioning. We are developing focus groups to aid further development. We received a small amount of funding and through our relationships, have delivered something special to assist our young people to make informed career choices and promote sectors seen as less attractive.
• Our 2019 Business Awards has been recognised as one of the best ever. Work on the 2020 Showcase, Conference and Awards was well under way, but due to the coronavirus crisis, we have had to delay the 20th anniversary of this prestigious event until Friday November 20.
As a Member or Patron of Shropshire Chamber of Commerce, firms can access a range of services, unique networking opportunities, and dedicated support to help them do business every day. And with a whole host of new Member benefits, there’s never been a better time to be a part of your Chamber.
To find out more, please call the membership team on 01952 208200 or email email@example.com