Here you will find details of our current vacancies.
POSITION: FINANCE MANAGER
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive
STATUS: Permanent; Full-time
SALARY RANGE Circa £25,000+ Benefits subject to experience
To provide a full accounting, financial support and reporting service to Shropshire Chamber of Commerce & Enterprise Ltd and Shropshire Chamber Ltd., reporting to the Chief Executive, the Board and its sub-committees on all financial matters; to work as part of the Senior Management Team of Shropshire Chamber, assisting managers to understand and manage departmental budgets and financial performance. Provide Export Documentation support.
Building effective working relationships, communicating and liaising with all departments of Shropshire Chamber of Commerce.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To prepare detailed financial management reports, variance analysis and commentary to agreed deadlines for presentation to budget holders, senior managers and the Board of Directors.
- To prepare and manage the process for producing the annual budget and quarterly forecasts, together with variance analysis and commentary, in conjunction with the CEO and departmental budget holders, presenting these reports to Shropshire Chamber Board and appropriate sub committees.
- To manage Shropshire Chamber’s accounting software, keeping it updated and fit for purpose, ensuring it integrates and compliments other management information systems within the business.
- To operate and manage the primary accounting records of Shropshire Chamber in line with General Accounting Principles (GAP) and statutory and regulatory requirements. This includes:
- Cashbook and all banking related activity, mandates, and authority levels.
- Sales Ledger including: raising of invoices, posting to the system, issuing sales statements, credit control, dealing with enquiries, banking and allocation of cash to customer accounts.
- Purchase Ledger including: raising purchase orders within authority levels, matching purchase orders to purchase invoices, authorisation and coding of purchase invoices, posting to system, dealing with queries, preparation and authorisation of cheque runs, and allocation of cash paid to supplier accounts.
- Nominal Ledger management to reflect the correct accounting treatment of accounting transactions passing through Shropshire Chamber, to ensure an accurate picture of the financial affairs of the business.
- Expenses – to administer and manage Shropshire Chamber’s staff expenses process, ensuring all claims are submitted properly, authorised and coded to the required deadlines to ensure staff expenses are paid in line with agreed procedures and timescales.
- Petty Cash – ensure control and accurate recording of petty all cash transactions.
- To attend internal management meetings and sub-committee meetings to report on the financial affairs of Shropshire Chamber and gain a full understanding of all aspects of the business.
- To prepare for and manage the year-end statutory audit and any interim audits by external agencies or funders as required from time to time.
- To prepare quarterly VAT returns within prescribed timescales.
- To prepare and manage all Balance Sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- To manage the Fixed Assets Register and control processes.
- In conjunction with an external bureau to manage Payroll for all Shropshire Chamber staff. To ensure year-end returns are prepared and submitted to the required standards and deadlines.
- To work in conjunction with the external Payroll bureau to ensure the effective administration of staff benefits e.g. healthcare, life assurance and pension schemes.
- To provide clear, concise financial direction, data and training to all staff as and when required, liaising with internal budget holders and managers to drive the integration of Finance into relevant operational processes.
- To take responsibility for all company insurances ensuring adequate levels of cover are in place for all potential liabilities for Shropshire Chamber, its staff or directors.
- To take responsibility for and maintain full records of all contractual obligations and costs for which Shropshire Chamber has responsibility.
- In conjunction with the Chief Executive and/or other relevant managers to represent Shropshire Chamber with external bodies such as banks, auditors, Inland Revenue, Customs and Excise, funding bodies (DIT) etc.
Tasks to be performed are not limited by this job description. The post-holder will be required to take additional duties within their capabilities as and when workloads demand. The role may change depending on the needs of the business. Training and support will be given in the event of major changes.
- To work closely with other members of the management team to ensure that all Business Plan, Performance and Financial Targets are achieved.
- To keep updated with all new literature and information and maintain a thorough knowledge of new procedures and statutory/regulatory requirements.
- To work closely with other team members and complement and support the organisation’s delivery and development.
- To ensure that all information is entered on to Shropshire Chamber’s CRM system in accordance with agreed procedures.
- To adhere to and actively promote the Shropshire Chamber Equal Opportunities policy.
- At all times to work within the Health and Safety policy and ensure so far as is reasonable that safe working practices are established, maintained and followed.
- To work within and assist in maintaining the British Chambers of Commerce Accreditation Standard for the organisation.
- Any other duties as directed by the Chief Executive and Directors.
To apply for this vacancy, please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 31 July 2018