Please note: This partnership event is firmly dedicated to Charities and Not for Profit organisations only.
Our mission is to create a working group to aid the support to the industries within the county of Shropshire and its borders, designed to encourage education, collaboration, networking and 121 support.
Each event will have a key focus on topical issues around a whole host of areas including fundraising, recruitment, Training and development, HR, Income generation, Digital adoption, Volunteering, sustainability
• A platform to share and develop best practice
• Network with like-minded individuals
• Raise the profile of your business
• Promote opportunities within your organisation
• Representing the diversity of the sector
Topics for discussion during the meeting are:
- Karl George MBE, Managing Director – The Governance Forum
- Jenny Wynn DL – Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service
- Julia Baron – Good governance is vital to charities, and good governance requires strong trustee boards. But how do you find the talented diverse individuals to join your board and help your organisation? Julia Baron CEO of Shropshire Rural Communities Charity, which supports voluntary organisations to grow and thrive, will share some thoughts about potential Trustees, where to find them, how to recruit them and how to keep them!
- Mia Carter – Shropshire Chamber Charity Membership Fund
Meet your meeting hosts
Victoria Handbury-Madin – VHM Charity Consultancy
About Victoria: Victoria Handbury-Madin is a Consultant working with charities to support with governance, strategy, fundraising and awareness raising to help drive sustainability, reduce risk, and maximise impact.
Pam Hodgetts, Corporate Partnerships Manager, Midlands Air Ambulance Charity
About Pam: Following on from Pams personal fundraising expedition in 2011, Pam decided she loved the sense of achievement she got when she finally completed her challenge, it was at that point that if she were to ever leave her beloved career in sport, that fundraising would be her pathway.
Pam has 6 years experience of the sector, starting in fundraising support for a local hospice and progressing to her current position with Midlands Air Ambulance. Her initial admin role equipped Pam with a good overview of all fundraising income streams,events, processing and data management, though her area of expertise is most definitely that of building relationships.