Why is this training important?
First Aid is the first line of defence in promoting recovery, preserving life and preventing the condition from getting worst. Emergency first aid is a practical step for low risk businesses to prove that they are fulfilling their duty of care to their employees. The emergency first aid course is also a practical course for every day life.
Who needs this qualification?
Those employees nominated to act as an Appointed Person in the workplace, or anyone, who as a part of their employment or day to day life require suitable first aid training.
- Assess emergency situations and carry out appropriate action including informing emergency services
- Carry out artificial ventilations and chest compressions
- Place a casualty into the recovery position and know how to use this position
- Clear obstructed airways
- Control severe bleeding
- Recognise and treat shock
- Understand the requirements of a first aid kit and how to report accidents in the workplace
- Recognise and treat illness
- Deal with burns and scalds
- Recognise and treat fractures
This course is part of our Funded Training Project, please enquire to how you could get this course 100% funded.
This course is provided by Heys First Aid, a member of Shropshire Chamber.