The course outlines:
• The basics of how websites work and how WordPress fits within that picture.
• Fundamental concepts – what are themes, plugins and widgets?
• Publishing content to your website – how to add and amend content, adding links, images, image galleries and more.
• Customising the look of your website – using themes and customising them to get the ‘look’ you want – how to choose a pre-made theme
• Adding new functions to your website by installing plugins – how to find good quality plugins
• Making your website ready for search engines – the importance of the title tag, using WordPress for SEO, tracking your results using Google Analytics
• Keeping WordPress safe – updates, security, passwords and spam.
The key benefits are:
Gaining the ability to either:
• Build and/or edit your own WordPress website
• Work more productively with an external web development supplier by improving your own knowledge
To get the most from this training course, we may need to contact you prior to the date to find out further information regarding your current website to ensure you get the most from this training.
This course is delivered by Helen Culshaw and Jon Harrison from Ascendancy Internet Marketing