After attending this course delegates will understand:
– the impact of introduction of Union Customs Code in 2016
– what Special Procedures are, and which ones would be suitable for their specific situation
– the advantages of claiming IP and OP
– the customs regimes and the “Tariff”
– documentation required to apply for and claim IP and OP
– the responsibilities of holders of Special Procedures authorisations
– what is AEO status and what impact may it have on holders of Special Procedures authorisations
The course will cover
• An explanation of the Tariff, CHIEF and relevant nomenclature
• Union Customs Code 2016 – what it changed and what it means now
• Overview of Special Procedures – what they are and their types
• Practical examples of which Special Procedure would be best suitable in given situations
• Exercises in calculating guarantee levels required to support Special Procedure applications
• Compliance, responsibilities and record keeping
Terms and Conditions of Booking
• This event is fully funded and free to eligible businesses to attend.
• We appreciate that sometimes there are good reasons why businesses are unable to attend workshops, however if you are no longer able to turn up, please cancel your ticket through contacting Shropshire Chamber on 01952 208 200 or emailing email@example.com.
• We require at least 48 hours cancellation notice prior to the event (in order for us to offer your space to another business)
• Please note that if you do not attend without letting us know, we reserve the right to decline your bookings for future sessions.
Details that you provide us with on booking will only be used in connection with this event offered by Shropshire Chamber of Commerce in Partnership with the Marches Growth Hub (the data controller) and its partners, which include the Department for Business, Energy, and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and other event partners. If the business has any question in relation to how the information the business provides, and in particular any personal data, will be processed and disclosed, please email the Shropshire Chamber of Commerce on firstname.lastname@example.org
Photographs and/or video may be taken at the event. By taking part in the event you grant the event organisers full rights to use the images resulting from the photography/video filming, and any reproductions or adaptations of the images for publicity or other purposes. This might include (but is not limited to), the right to use them in printed and online publicity, social media, press releases and funding applications. If you do not wish to be photographed please inform an event organiser.