The purpose of this virtual group is to share knowledge and to encourage collaboration for the economic benefit of all businesses who join in.
The benefits of joining in this webinar include:
- Access to a large professional services network
- Hear from top speakers on current, relevant topics
- Meet fellow business professionals, virtually
- Knowledge sharing, best practice and continuing professional development
- There are no 60-second presentations at this particular event
10.55 – Zoom Waiting Room Opens
11.00 – Attendees arrive/chat amongst each other
11.10 – Shropshire Chamber welcomes all
11.15 Guest Speaker 1:
Niamh Kelly – Director of The HR Dept Shropshire will give a HR update on what Shropshire Business should expect post-Brexit; as well as highlighting things employers should consider post-Lockdown.
‘New Year – New Rules? For many of us, the start of 2021 doesn’t seem that much different to the end of 2020.. but for employers, there’s a raft of changes due in the early part of 2021.
Guest Speaker 2:
Adrian Cooper MA (Hons) MSc MSc MRTPI, Climate Change Task Force Leader, Shropshire Council
- The challenge of climate change and opportunities for the Shropshire Economy
- Shropshire Council’s footprint and the implications for our supply chain
- The advantages of early engagement with this issue and the community-led Shropshire Climate Action Partnership (SCAP)
Sue Burnell, Programme Manager for SCAP will provide a brief introduction to SCAP and the Zero Carbon Shropshire Plan, covering:
- About SCAP – who we are; why we formed; who is involved
- About the plan – what it is, who it is for and how to find it
- CTA – join SCAP and the benefits for organisations
- Suggested free first steps on your zero carbon journey
11.55 Closing Comments
12.00 Meeting ends
Please note, you do not need to be a member of Shropshire Chamber to attend this event.
Be aware of what is on display in the background if connecting to Zoom from your home.
Be aware of anything gives away where you live.
Be aware of having confidential documents on display within the camera shot.
If you sign up to the event, you can’t stop people taking screen shots of the event and sharing it on social media.
Never ‘write’/ ‘say’ anything in chat or a ‘room’ you wouldn’t say in an email.