As we all emerge from the uncertainty, individuals and businesses are seeking the way forward to rebuild lives and the local economy while laying the foundations for a more sustainable future.
Consequently, we are pleased to invite you to this year’s Shropshire Business Leaders’ Breakfast which will go ahead online as a live streamed event on Wednesday 5 May 8.00am – 10.00am.
The programme includes:
• Mark Gregory, EY’s Chief Economist gives the latest Government thinking on Brexit and Covid-19 recovery and identifies the contribution Shropshire can make.
• David Baker, Radius Aerospace’s General Manager talks about the journey their business has been on over the last 18 months, transitioning from Doncaster Aerospace to a new American owner alongside a global pandemic and Brexit.
• The launch of the Council’s extensive programme of economic recovery and growth support over the next 12 months by Mark Barrow, Executive Director of Place and Tracy Darke, Assistant Director of Economic Growth at the Council.
• Brian Caldwell, Chief Executive of Shrewsbury Town Football Club talks about the impact Covid-19 has had on ’The Town’s’ business both on and off the pitch.
• And finally, the Council’s Chief Executive Andy Begley will outline the ‘kickstarting’ of Shropshire’s economy as life starts to return to the ‘new’ normal.