It is also suitable for management staff whose role requires supervision or checking of sensitive Customs declarations.
Please can all delegates bring a laptop as it will be neccessary.
After attending this course delegates will:
• Understand the layout of the Customs ‘Tariff’
• Understand how Commodity Codes are organised
• Be able to correctly categorise products
• Understand how the Commodity Code relates to a customs declaration
• Understand the penalties that may occur if incorrectly categorising products when completing customs declarations
The course is ‘hands-on’ and includes
• The layout of the Customs ‘Tariff’
• How Commodity Codes are organised
• Discussing the penalties that may occur for incorrect declarations
• Practical exercises for a wide range of products
• Provides a basic overview of the Customs ‘Tariff’
• Provides an understanding and practical session on the categoristion of products and selecting the correct commodity codes
• Ensures that delegates understand the need to categorise products correctly allowing appropriate customs declarations to be made
Delegates who attend this often also attend:
• Understanding Export and Export Documentation
Terms and Conditions of Booking
• This event is fully funded and free to eligible businesses to attend.
• We appreciate that sometimes there are good reasons why businesses are unable to attend workshops, however if you are no longer able to turn up, please cancel your ticket through contacting Shropshire Chamber on 01952 208 200 or emailing email@example.com.
• We require at least 48 hours cancellation notice prior to the event (in order for us to offer your space to another business)
• Please note that if you do not attend without letting us know, we reserve the right to decline your bookings for future sessions.
Details that you provide us with on booking will only be used in connection with this event offered by Shropshire Chamber of Commerce in Partnership with the Marches Growth Hub (the data controller) and its partners, which include the Department for Business, Energy, and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and other event partners. If the business has any question in relation to how the information the business provides, and in particular any personal data, will be processed and disclosed, please email the Shropshire Chamber of Commerce on firstname.lastname@example.org
Photographs and/or video may be taken at the event. By taking part in the event you grant the event organisers full rights to use the images resulting from the photography/video filming, and any reproductions or adaptations of the images for publicity or other purposes. This might include (but is not limited to), the right to use them in printed and online publicity, social media, press releases and funding applications. If you do not wish to be photographed please inform an event organiser.