The course will outline:
- What is WordPress? The basics of how websites work and how WordPress can help.
- Fundamental concepts – what are themes, plugins and widgets?
- Setting up a WordPress site
- Publishing content to your website – how to add and amend content, adding links, images and more.
- Customising the look of your website – using themes and customising them to get the ‘look’ you want
- Adding new functions to your website by installing plugins
- Making your website ready for search engines – the importance of the title tag, using WordPress for SEO, tracking your results using Google Analytics
- Keeping WordPress safe – upgrades, security, passwords and spam. The key benefits of this course are:
- Gaining the ability to either:
Build and/or edit your own WordPress website
Work more productively with an external web development supplier by improving your own knowledge
You will be able to keep the WordPress site you build on the day for a year following the course, allowing you to continue to develop your skills after the course. If you wish at some stage to make this website live, discounted hosting packages, and assistance in making the site live, are available.