Why is this needed
With the import/export landscape still very confused, many businesses are unsure if they or their suppliers are operating in a fully compliant way, that would meet HMRC expected standards. Many businesses have reduced export activity as uncertainty takes hold which is impacting on economic growth and sustainability. The project will provide a specialist complete audit of current activity, identify non-compliance and provide recommended solutions to avoid time-consuming and costly penalties, whilst upskilling the workforce as and if needed, through having a package of four International Trade training courses that is undertaken by the relevant personnel.
How this project will be delivered
The normal audit will involve at least 1 director, finance and your import/export admin teams and anyone you feel would be able to contribute or had a vested interest to be involved. We will be asking questions and essentially it would be ‘Take us through a typical EU Import, export and the same for non-EU activity’.
By doing it in this way, we get a good insight into the company activities and enables us to:
- Assess your colleague’s knowledge about what they are doing and why.
- Identifies short falls in your practices and enables us to plug the gaps from a compliance perspective.
- Opens discussions about other customs systems we could implement to your activity type, such as IPR, Customs Warehousing, Trusted trader suitability etc.
- Look at HMRC compliance systems that will have to be implemented such as EIDR and import/export in house records.
- Explain the highly important 3 phase introduction for customs procedures and what authorisations you will need to have in place to benefit cash flow and costs.
- We will consider how departing from the EU single market and the customs union has affected the relationship with your European customers and suppliers. They are quite probably less informed than UK businesses! What sort of a dialogue should you have with them to ensure continuity of your business in 2021 and beyond? If developing business in the EU or the rest of the world, we can set you on the right footing from the start.
- We will consider how our changed relationship with Europe has affected your company and offer mitigating systems and the longer term of trusted trader which considers how your company is set up for full global customs digital control and advanced cargo reporting.
We will need to see physical evidence of your EU and non-EU documents and will ask for about 3 document sets for each import / export. We will write and present the reports within a couple of days which will include a compliance risk assessment on your current practices which mirror the HMRC risk register, a corrective report and gap analysis which will also include suggestion for additional systems to be considered. The audit is traditionally a face-to-face meeting but are now online whereby we will invite anyone you feel should be involved to a zoom meeting. This will include personnel from subsidiary companies in the UK or overseas if applicable.
Virtual training course packages – your business will be able to book an appropriate member of your team on the relevant courses for their role;
• The Export Process – 1 day course – The UK enters a new trading era with Europe and the rest of the world from 1st January 2021 – which will impact on process and cost. Is your business fully prepared?
• The Import Process – 1 day course – Are you currently buying goods/components from overseas markets? With a new border operating model and phased import procedures to July 2021 you need to understand how these will impact on your purchases from Europe and in the wider international context
• Commodity Codes – half day – What are Commodity Codes and why are they so important in international trade?
• Customs Procedures and Compliance – 1 day course – Many companies are involved in both the import and export of components and finished products and therefore subject to the scrutiny of HMRC and adherence to customs regulations.
Places for this training will be on a first come first served basis as spaces are limited.
Register your interest