The Department for International Trade (DIT) is the Government department that helps UK businesses export and grow in global markets. DIT also drives inward and outward investment, negotiates trade deals, and champions free trade.
The DIT Shropshire Team supports local businesses of any size or export experience, by connecting them with a team of experienced International Trade Advisers (ITA's), who are experts in matters of international trade and who work one-on-one with businesses to develop their export capabilities, providing them with free tailored advice and access to a range of Government backed services.
ITA's provide a variety of support to match their clients’ export needs.
The support includes but not limited to:
- Local account management, offering support and advice from an experienced adviser
- Developing a bespoke strategic export action plan
- Complex Markets advice, including Intellectual Property, Licensing, Contracts and JV advice
- Language and Culture advice
- Finding the right markets and undertaking tailored research with our network of overseas experts
- Introductions to overseas contacts and buyers
- Website and e-commerce advice offering guidance on navigating the global digital marketplace
- Trade show access, providing grants to eligible businesses so they can attend overseas events
- Exclusive access to a programme of events including Specialist Webinars, Meet the Buyer sessions, 1-2-1 meetings with Overseas Specialists and Commercial Officers
- Access to 1000’s of live export opportunities
- Funding to support export activity via our ESIF Programme