Exporting is Key to Rural Growth
Taking place on 27 April between 10:00-13:30 at the Ludlow Nut Company, click here for your free ticket
Would you like to learn more about your business’s export potential, take part in an exclusive tour showcasing rural business growth in Shropshire, and see the Government’s Export Hub up close? Join us for networking, ideas sharing and much more!
The Department for International Trade team in Shropshire invites you and your colleagues to join us for a one-off event at the Ludlow Nut Company. You’ll hear from several guest speakers, including Philip Dunne, MP for Ludlow, and representatives from neighboring rural businesses, as well as take part in a tour of Ludlow Nut Company’s brand-new facility. Plus, the Government’s 40ft Export Hub truck will be heading to Shropshire exclusively for the event…
Come hear from a diverse range of businesses here in rural Shropshire, from virtual reality leaders to advanced engineering and food and drink manufacturers. Network with your neighbors and hear from:
Granger & Worrall
- Its position as a leader in advanced manufacturing, company history and how it became a leader in the diverse sectors it serves
- How it penetrated more challenging markets overseas, including China and Japan
- Why, and how, it grew its presence across sectors as diverse as automotive and aerospace. Their services encompass engineering, precision machining and consultancy
- How the business develops and delivers immersive 360° projection domes, projection cylinders, and all the enabling technologies
- Its access to export support via the Shropshire International Trade team which saw its Head Office in Craven Arms grow from eight to over 40 members of staff, and additional offices opened in London, Los Angeles and New Jersey
- Its decision to open subsidiary companies in Australia, Canada and the US
- The original home of the renowned Aqua Roll and Wastemaster
- Learn about its 60 year heritage in domestic markets
- And how it accessed support through the Shropshire International Trade team to export in markets across Europe and South East Asia
Plus, an exclusive tour and speech by Helen Graham, Managing Director at the Ludlow Nut Factory, which – as a result of exporting in new markets such as Japan – has invested in a brand-new, state-of-the-art facility in the town which has had a positive impact on local job opportunities and the rural economy.
Don’t know if exporting is for you, or want to ask some questions? Representatives from our Shropshire International Trade team will be on-hand to discuss and answer any queries you might have. There will also be specialist experts who can provide support with:
- Language & Culture
- Intellectual Property
- Digital and eCommerce
- Contracts and Distribution Agreements
In addition, you’ll be able to access live opportunities to the Government’s Export is GREAT website where you can see current opportunities to sell products or services, receive alerts whenever an overseas company is looking for something you can offer, reach new markets and much more.
FREE Export Essentials Workshop – Shropshire
Thousands of UK businesses like yours have increased their sales, growth and stability by selling overseas. If you are thinking about how you can grow your business through international sales, come along to our Export Essentials workshop…
DATE AND TIME: Wed 2 May 2018 09:00 – 12:30 BST Add to Calendar
LOCATION: The Lighting Industry Association Ltd, Stafford Park 7,
Telford TF3 3BQ View Map
Led by an experienced International Trade Adviser this workshop will enable you to:
- explore the international potential of your business
- consider the important next steps you can take to start selling your products or services internationally
- start your plan to increase export sales with confidence
You will gain an introduction to some of the key principles of international trade, as well as consider how to approach communicating across cultures and developing your international online strategy.
Attend this practical, interactive workshop to find out why, what, where and how you can make the most of global opportunities and be inspired by the successes of West Midlands companies like yours who are trading successfully across the world.
“Excellent, informative and well-presented”
“Very useful. A lot to be thinking about and getting on with”
“Very enjoyable. Learnt lots”
Who is this workshop for?
Anyone from a West Midlands SME (small or medium sized enterprise) who is new to export or an inexperienced exporter is welcome.
Please note, places are very limited on these workshops. Your attendance will be confirmed via email after registration, signing up to this page does not guarantee entry.
PLEASE CHECK THAT YOU ARE ELIGIBLE BEFORE REGISTERING:
This event is funded by West Midlands Chambers of Commerce’s ERDF SME International Growth Project and we therefore require attendees to complete and submit this simple online form unless your firm has done so already. In order to attend you must be an SME registered within the West Midlands. On receipt of this we will process your place on the workshop.