Upon application to the Shropshire Chamber of Commerce, members are bound by the Articles of Association. The following sections pertaining to application, renewal, resignation and payments are highlighted as follows:
• Persons eligible for membership are noted in section 3 and 4 of the Articles of Association.
• The annual subscriptions payable by members shall be such sums as may, from time to time be determined by the Board, and shall become due and payable in each year on the last day of their membership 12 month period or on such other date or dates as may be determined by the Board, from time to time (Articles of Association section 11).
• No member whose subscription is in arrears shall be entitled to exercise the rights of membership and unless the Board otherwise determines, any member whose subscription shall be more than 3 months in arrears shall ipso facto cease to be a member and his name shall be struck off the register of members (Articles of Association section 5 and 9).
• Resignation of members. Section 8 of the Articles of Association notes that any member wishing to resign from Shropshire Chamber of Commerce must give written notice to that effect to the Secretary at least three months before the date upon which the subscription for the following year shall become due. If no such notice is received, the member shall be liable for the ensuing years annual membership sum, and the debt will be legally recoverable by Shropshire Chamber of Commerce.
• Once resigned from membership of Shropshire Chamber of Commerce, all stationery displaying the Shropshire Chamber of Commerce logo must be destroyed.
• I, the undersigned, have completed this form to the best of my knowledge and ability and confirm the information supplied is accurate at the date of completion.
• I hereby make an application for Membership of the Shropshire Chamber of Commerce. I agree to be bound by the Articles of Association and the Terms and Conditions as stated overleaf.
• I have completed the ‘payment details’ form and understand that payment is due for an annual period, commencing on the first day of the month of application. Payments are non-refundable upon cancellation within a membership year. I understand that if I pay by Direct Debit, my account will be debited on or around the 1st or 15th of the month of application and subsequent months as applicable.
• I understand that I am not eligible for membership solutions until my payment has been received by Shropshire Chamber of Commerce.
• Shropshire Chamber of Commerce take part in surveys which inform local, regional and national policy. I understand that from time to time, I may be asked for my contribution in completion of these surveys.
DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
Shropshire Chamber of Commerce [the Chamber] is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 and takes the processing of your personal data very seriously.
Please take your time to read this notice so that you are fully aware of what you are consenting to.
Please contact us if you are unsure about any part of this notice by:
Telephone: 01952 208200 or
The Chamber’s Data Protection Officer can be contacted at the registered address at the foot of this form.
The Chamber is responsible for the protection of all personal data supplied on this form. I understand and consent that the data here supplied will be held on the Chamber’s database. The details provided on this form will be used by the Chamber to inform me of associated Membership services and will be included in both local and regional directories and shown on Chamber event delegate lists as appropriate.
The Chamber operates in a broad business network and can offer its members beneficial connections with additional partners and fellow members. The list of Chamber partner organisations can be viewed on the Chamber website at www.shropshire-chamber.co.uk