Any business fortunate enough not to have been embroiled in a legal dispute can count themselves lucky. No matter how well you plan and manage your business you never know when you are going to face unexpected, expensive legal and professional fees.
In addition to the many employment related disputes businesses also find themselves having to defend Inland Revenue investigations and HSE prosecutions. Your business could also find itself involved in legal disputes relating to its property or with a Landlord.
Your business has access to up to £100,000 worth of professional fees each year to cover…
- Employment Disputes – The cost of defending actions brought by employees including unfair dismissal & discrimination claims.
- Employment Awards – Covers the employment tribunal compensation award in the event of failure in your employment representation.
- Prosecution Defence – Cost of defending a prosecution for an offence relating to your business activities including the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974.
- Tax, VAT, PAYE and NIC Investigations – Cover is provided to pay professional fees resulting from in depth investigations.
- License Protection – Where your business is dependent on holding a statutory license in order to trade, cover is provided for appeal costs where the license is at threat.
- Data Protection Act – Cost of defending civil proceedings bought against your business under the Data Protection Act.
- Property Legal Protection – Enables your business to pursue legal rights arising from negligent acts of others affecting your property.
- Landlord Disputes – Representing your interests in disputes with landlords over the business lease or tenancy agreement.
- Jury Service Allowance – Up to £1000 per claim to compensate for the loss of an employee attending court or tribunal.
- 24/365 Legal Advice Line – Solicitors and other professionals on hand to provide a telephone based legal advisory service.
And don’t forget these helpful employee benefits as well…
- Personal injury (£75,000) – Legal Expenses cover is included for all employees and their partners to pursue compensation following a personal injury.
- Business Motoring (£75,000) – Pursuing uninsured losses following a non-fault road traffic accident including excess recovery, car hire charges and credit repair.
- Consumer Disputes (£1000) – Up to £1000 worth of professional fees following a personal dispute arising from the purchase or sale of faulty goods or services.
Please contact the membership team on 01952 208200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.