Public health must be at the heart of plans to reopen services and businesses. 10% of businesses won’t be able to open at all under the government’s current working safely guidance. A phased approach to re-opening must account for the links between firms and the services they need to operate such as transport, schools, childcare and many more.
37% of businesses said they were able to implement the government’s working safely guidance and restart fully.
To help firms protect their people and customers through these changes, they need a clear understanding of their responsibilities and liabilities, and plans for the reopening of the services such as schools and public transport that enable their businesses to operate.
- Safely re-open public spaces and restore services (including schools and public transport)
- Safely re-open workplaces and commercial spaces
- Minimise job losses and business failures
- Rebuild supply chains and customer bases
- Enable an effective reopening of the UK economy
Download the full proposals here.