Businesses in the Shropshire area (subject to eligibility) can now access the Chambers fully funded ‘Business Growth Through Upskilling’ programme, funded through the UK Shared Prosperity Fund (UKSPF) and Shropshire Council.
Our Business Growth Through Upskilling Programme combines two elements
1. A Fully-funded 5 Day Active Leadership Programme with a commercial value of £4,500 alongside coaching and mentoring, with delegates entitled to three hours of one-to-one coaching.
2. A series of fully funded short courses (starting 2024) to provide rapid upskilling across Shropshire's Market Towns. Courses are subject to availability and be delivered across a range of topics and subjects.
The Active Leadership Programme is an innovative solution to the challenges faced by business leaders today. With the world evolving at a rapid pace, leaders must be equipped with the right set of skills and tools to stay ahead of the curve.
Effective leadership is critical in navigating changing environments and driving growth. Leaders who embrace change and possess the skills to leverage technology, promote creativity, and improve organisational performance are essential. The development of leadership skills is key to retaining talent and enhancing the competitiveness of businesses in Shropshire.
The course will focus on three main elements:
- Understanding ‘Me’ as a Leader - Understanding of themselves and others, and ability to challenge and influence.
- Managing for Results - Understanding how to keep performance on track.
- Leading for the Future - Communicate a clear vision and seek continuous improvement.
Participants will be asked to complete some post workshop activities to embed learning.
The development of leadership skills is key to retaining talent and enhancing the competitiveness of businesses in Shropshire.
Check your eligibility
To be eligible for up to 2 places on the Active Leadership Programme the business must meet the following criteria:
- The business must be registered with Companies House and/or HMRC as a sole trader, micro business, small and medium-sized enterprise, or large business or social enterprise engaged in economic activity.
- Not a registered Charity.
- Businesses from any sector can apply.
- The business’ business rates liability must fall within the Shropshire Council Authority
- No business which is already part, or fully, funded through the government/ Local Authority are eligible as it is classed as ‘double funding’. An example of this would be an NHS funded care home, or a state school etc.
- Each participant on the active leadership programme must already be at a managerial level (team leaders can be considered).
The UK Shared Prosperity Fund is a central pillar of the UK government’s Levelling Up agenda and provides £2.6 billion of funding for local investment by March 2025.
The Fund aims to improve pride in place and increase life chances across the UK investing in communities and place, supporting local business, and people and skills. For more information, visit UK Shared Prosperity Fund: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/uk-shared-prosperity-fund-prospectus/uk-shared-prosperity-fund-prospectus