Shropshire Chamber are committed to their Mental Health Charter and to the Shropshire business community. By the provision of the resources below, they are attempting to assist an individual who may be seeking help for themselves or a colleague or an organisation supporting their employees.
Below you will find a range of resources in the form of website links or documents that are informative and beneficial and can be crucial when someone needs support when it comes to their mental health and wellbeing.
Anytime Help and Support
Help and support available 24hrs
People come to AA through many different means…choose the path that best suits you.
Cruse Bereavement Care
Grief is a natural process, but we know it can be devastating. Our specialist bereavement experts have experience in all types of loss and can offer support however and whenever the death occurred.
- Website: https://www.cruse.org.uk/
- Helpline: 0808 808 1677
Monday and Friday 9.30am – 5pm • Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 9.30am – 8pm • Weekends 10am – 2pm.
Sands is the leading stillbirth and neonatal death charity in the UK. Sands exists to reduce the number of babies dying and to ensure that anyone affected by the death of a baby receives the best possible care and support for as long as they need it.
- Website: https://www.sands.org.uk/
- Helpline: 0808 164 3332
Bereavement after loss of a pet
If you are grieving for a pet, or facing loss, the free and confidential Pet Bereavement Support Service (PBSS) is available.
- Website: https://www.bluecross.org.uk
- Helpline: 0800 096 6606 – Everyday 8.30am – 8.30pm
CATS Protection League
Dealing with the death of your cat affects everyone differently. You may be struggling to cope with a range of difficult emotions or need advice on making decisions.
- Website: https://www.cats.org.uk/what-we-do/grief/advice
- Helpline: 0800 024 9494 – Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
NAPAC (the National Association for People Abused in Childhood) offers support to adult survivors of all types of childhood abuse, including physical, sexual, emotional abuse or neglect.
- Website: https://napac.org.uk/
- Supportline: 0808 801 0331 – Mon-Thurs 10am – 9pm and Fri 10am – 6pm
Free expert advice helps you deal with debts and get the support needed. You can get advice online or over the phone, and they will recommend a range of practical debt solutions based on your situation.
- Website: https://www.stepchange.org/ – Live chat available
- Helpline: 0800 138 1111 – Mon-Fri 8am – 8pm and Sat 9am – 4pm
Women’s Aid is the national charity working to end domestic abuse against women and children.
- Website: www.westmerciawomensaid.org – Live chat available 9am-9pm
- Freephone: 0800 783 1359 open 24hrs
Shropshire Domestic Abuse Service (SDAS)
Shropshire Domestic Abuse Services provide an outreach service and refuge for women, children, young people, men and LGBTQ victims.
- Website: https://www.shropsdas.org.uk/
- Helpline: 0300 303 1191
Respect – Men’s advice line
The helpline for males victims of domestic abuse
- Website: https://mensadviceline.org.uk/ – Webchat available – Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 10 – 11am and 3 – 4pm
- Helpline: 0808 801 0327 – Monday -Friday 9am – 8pm
Helping men escape domestic abuse
- Website: https://www.mankind.org.uk/ – Webchat available – Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 10 – 11am and 3 – 4pm
- Helpline: 01823 334244 – Weekdays 10am – 4pm
For women and children. Against domestic violence.
- Website: https://www.nationaldahelpline.org.uk – Webchat available – Monday – Friday 3 – 10pm
- Free 24hr National Domestic Abuse Helpline: 0808 2000 247
Find out everything you need to know about drugs, their effects and the law. Talk to Frank for facts, support and advice on drugs and alcohol today.
- Website: https://www.talktofrank.com/ – Live chat available
- Helpline: 0300 123 6600
- Text: 82111
Beat Eating disorders
Help for adults
The Beat Adult Helpline is open to anyone over 18. Parents, teachers or any concerned adults should call the adult helpline.
- Helpline: 0808 801 0677
Help for young people
The Beat Youthline is open to anyone under 18.
- Youthline: 0808 801 0711
Helplines are open 365 days a year from 9am–8pm during the week, and 4pm–8pm on weekends and bank holidays.
Rethink Mental Illness
Improve the lives of people severely affected by mental illness through their network of local groups and services, expert information and successful campaigning. Our goal is to make sure everyone affected by severe mental illness has a good quality of life.
- Website: https://www.rethink.org/
- Freephone: 0808 801 0525
- Advice and information service: 9:30am to 4pm Monday to Friday.
- Webchat available 10am – 1pm, Click the webchat icon in the bottom right of the screen.
Available 24/7 to listen and support you to get to a calmer and safe place. Shout is a free, confidential, anonymous service for anyone in the UK.
It won’t appear on your phone bill.
- Website: https://giveusashout.org/
- Text: SHOUT to 85258
Mental Health Foundation
Their vision is for a world with good mental health for all. Our mission is to help people understand, protect and sustain their mental health.
Prevention is at the heart of what we do, because the best way to deal with a crisis is to prevent it from happening in the first place.
- Website: https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/
Every Mind Matters
Expert advice and practical tips to help you look after your mental health and wellbeing.
National Paranoia Network
The organisation aims to raise awareness of how disabling paranoia can be and to breakdown social taboos.
- Website: https://nationalparanoianetwork.org/
- Helpline: 0114 2718 210
National Self Harm Network
Support individuals who self harm to reduce emotional distress and improve their quality of life.
Support and provide information for family and carers of individuals who self harm.
Raise awareness of the needs of people who self harm, dispel myths and combat discrimination.
- Website Forum: https://www.nshn.co.uk/
Campaign Against Living Miserably
The Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM) is leading a movement against suicide. Every week 125 people in the UK take their own lives. And 75% of all UK suicides are male. CALM exists to change this.
- Website: https://www.thecalmzone.net
- Helpline: 0800 58 58 58 – 5pm – midnight 365 days a year
PAPYRUS is the national charity dedicated
to the prevention of young suicide.
- Website: https://www.papyrus-uk.org/
- Hopeline: 0800 068 41 41 – 5pm – midnight 365 days a year
Benefits | Work | Debt and Money | Consumer | Housing | Family | Law
At Citizens Advice we believe no one should have to face problems without good quality, independent advice.
That’s why we’re here: to give people the knowledge and the confidence they need to find their way forward – whoever they are, and whatever their problem.
- Call Telford: 01952 567193 or 567173 – 10am – 4.30pm, Mon-Fri
- Call Shrewsbury: 0808 278 7894 –10am – 4pm, Mon-Fri