What are T Levels?

T Levels are new two year courses which are taken after GCSEs for 16-19 year olds. They are equivalent to three A Levels and focus on vocational skills. These courses have been developed in collaboration with employers and education providers. T Levels help young people develop the knowledge, attitude and practical skills to progress into skilled employment, an apprenticeship or further study.

What has this got to do with me as an employer?

T Level students spend 80% of the course in college, gaining the skills that employers need. The other 20% is a relevant industry placement of approximately 45 days, where they put

their learning, knowledge and skills into practice in a real working environment.

Why would I want to offer a young person an industry placement?

As we currently face staff and skills shortages, this is a golden opportunity to grow your own.

You could benefit in so many ways including:

  • Attracting motivated young people to your business, bringing in imaginative and new ideas
  • Improving the recruitment pipeline for your business
  • Addressing local and national skills gaps by helping young people develop the skills your industry needs
  • Developing existing staff’s mentoring and management skills
  • Building a more diverse and creative workforce
  • Playing an important role in the local community
  • Building partnerships with your local college  
  • Saving recruitment costs by providing the opportunity to see what the young person can offer, on a no-obligation employment basis.

Like to find out more?

Contact Corinne Brown or Laura Scotland on 01743 342460 or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. to arrange a visit.