Export Academy Events
Sign up here to register for our fully-funded Export Academy Programme, tailored to help businesses develop their exporting potential …
The Export Academy programme gives small and medium businesses the knowledge and expertise to export. Learning directly from experts at the Department for International Trade and a range of external specialists. This course is designed to help businesses grow their international sales in new markets overseas.
There will be two half-day workshops providing a practical, interactive forum to explain the fundamentals of exporting. The sessions will encourage delegates to consider how they can develop their own individual export action plans.
PART 1 – 12th July 09:30-12:30, will cover:
- The benefits of exporting and the potential barriers
- How to select the right target markets and conduct market research
- An introduction to the basic procedures associated with exporting products and services
- The different routes to market available and how to select the most appropriate options
PART 2 – 19th July 09:30-12:30, will cover:
- How to set the right price for your product or service
- Understanding International Commercial terms
- Customs procedures, tariffs and export controls
- Managing money and getting paid
- How to develop a strategic export action plan and successfully win business
The programme is for managers working within the export function. In order to join this programme, businesses must be based within the Midlands, East Midlands or East of England. If you would like any further information please contact your Export Adviser, call 0345 222 0159 or email email@example.com.
What is the Export Academy?
- The Export Academy from the Department for International Trade gives small and micro-businesses the tools and confidence to sell around the world.
- Learning directly from experts in international trade, this free course will help businesses to grow their international sales, whether they are selling children’s clothes to Spain online, or providing PR services for a new client in the US.
- The programme is for owners and senior managers of English SMEs with a turnover of up to £500,000, in the Midlands, North and South West.
Why has the Export Academy been developed?
- Research from the Department for International Trade suggests that most business who could export feel that they don’t have a good level of knowledge about how to do so.
- The Export Academy aims to address this uncertainty about how to sell internationally through education and support, giving businesses the tools and confidence to seek out new opportunities around the world.
What do businesses get from the programme?
- An export action plan to take their business to international customers.
- Educational events, independent learning, networking and group mentoring.
- A series of educational webinars, led by experts from the Department for International Trade. Topics include e-commerce, pricing strategy, customs & tariffs, international marketing, the benefits of Free Trade Agreements, market research and export controls.
- Inspirational first-hand accounts from SMEs and Export Champions on the challenges and rewards of growing a business internationally.
- Support from International Trade Advisers, and an opportunity to network with other businesses that have global ambitions.
- Access to other support from the Department for International Trade and its local trade offices, including the chance to join trade missions and apply for grants and funding.
- Referrals to key partners, e.g. UK Export Finance or the Institute of Export, where more specialist support would help.
How can people join?
- Register now at events.great.gov.uk/ExportAcademy