Wednesday 24 February 2021 | 09:30AM - 03.30PM
This exclusive event provides an exciting opportunity for food and drink producers including businesses that are new to export and existing exporters to come together to learn from industry specialists about exporting food and drink and the new rules and regulations...
This is the third of four events bringing together food and drink companies in Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin and Herefordshire & Worcestershire to work alongside each other and to share ideas. This event is hosted by the Department for International Trade in conjunction with the FDEA helping to support businesses of all sizes to sell overseas.
In this full day workshop you will hear from David Caine, local Food and Drink Cluster Adviser about the initiative so far and the plans for the future. David will be joined by Nicola Thomas, Director of the FDEA’s consulting practice and with contributions from the FDEA’s Export specialists’ network. The workshop content will be tailored to reflect current challenges faced by companies post EU exit transition including Rules of Origin.
The online workshop will cover:
- Introduction: The UK food and drink export landscape in February 2021
- Global consumer, retail and food service trends
- Challenge mapping exercise: to create a shared understanding of the challenges associated with exporting food and drink products
- Overcoming challenges: a series of practical sessions covering
- Assessing your export capabilities and setting goals
- Prioritising export markets
- Finding and managing customers
- Regulations (including labelling, health certificates, rules of origin etc)
- Supply chain (including transport, duty and tariffs)
- Getting paid (including pricing, credit and currency risk management)
- Wrap up: Action plans, signposting to further supports