You will find details of our current vacancies below.
Job title Events Co-ordinator
Salary £19K + group incentivisation
Reporting to: Chief Executive
Main Job Purpose:
Responsible for the development and delivery of the events calendar delivering an outstanding programme supporting the Chamber’s objectives to create business growth.
This position co-ordinates the events calendar for the membership levels Early Life through to Premium levels within the Shropshire Chamber of Commerce, delivering exceptional standards of quality and customer experience at all times.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create a calendar of innovative and interesting events that meet our customers needs in accordance with the Chamber’s objectives and goals
Ensure that the events;
o Contribute to retaining existing customers
o Generate interest from potential new members
o Are managed appropriately to enhance the customer experience
o Consistently meet the Chambers quality and delivery standard
o Ensure there is an appropriate event host and that records of attendance are kept
o Are within budget
o Seek delegate feedback
- Remain aware and up to date with competitors / partners and other Chamber activities
- Upload the event information onto the Chamber CRM system to publicise the calendar on our website and to manage delegates
- Liaise and work alongside the membership team to keep them informed and updated with event activities
- Liaise and work alongside the marketing department to ensure that events are marketed and promoted appropriately
- Build positive working relationships with members to increase repeat business and to enhance membership retention
- Actively use social media whilst at events to promote the Chamber
- Management of pre-event attendee lists and badges
- Undertaking the set up and set down of events as required
- Ensure any marketing collateral is available at the events as required
- Record attendees and no shows on the Chamber CRM system
- Attend and manage the fortnightly Networking Clubs.
- Knowledge of the latest in digital and social media technology and channels
- Careful attention to detail
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Understanding of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Instagram
- Highly motivated, quick-learner
- Excellent knowledge of English (both speaking and writing)
- Must have valid residency permit for employment in England
Tasks to be performed are not limited by this job description. The post-holder will be required to take additional duties within their capabilities as and when workloads demand. The role may change depending on the needs of the business. Training and support will be given in the event of major changes.
- To work closely with the membership team and the marketing department
- To keep updated with all new marketing materials and information and maintain a thorough knowledge of new procedures and statutory/regulatory requirements.
- To work closely with other team members and complement and support the organisation’s delivery and development.
- To ensure that all events information is entered on to the Chamber’s CRM system in accordance with agreed procedures.
- To adhere to and actively promote the Chamber Equal Opportunities policy.
- At all times to work within the Chamber Health and Safety policy and ensure so far as is reasonable that safe working practices are established, maintained and followed.
- To work within and assist in maintaining the British Chambers of Commerce Accreditation Standard for the organisation.
- Any other duties as directed by your line manager and Directors.
- Work alongside management to support the business plan
If you have any questions about the post, please call Marie Raybould on 01952 208200 or email: email@example.com
If you are interested in this opportunity and have a real drive to make a difference then please send a covering letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Non-Executive Board Members
As true champions of Shropshire Business at local, regional and national levels, Shropshire Chamber of Commerce sits at the heart of the community, working with companies of all sizes and sectors across our magnificent county.
The leadership and governance of Shropshire’s only accredited Chamber of Commerce is held within the hands of a board of non-executive directors who give up their time and expertise to assist in making the Chamber the best it can possibly be.
We are now actively seeking applications by CV from interested parties who are able to strengthen our already talented board, whilst we will assess all applications with equal interest, we have particular interest in proven track records with the areas of:
- Digital Technology
- Small Business Support
This is an unpaid position with the requirement to attend 6 board meetings a year plus an AGM.
Opportunity also exists to participate in a number of committees which help in steering the direction of the Shropshire Chamber.
If you are interested in this high profile opportunity and have a real drive to make a difference then please send a covering letter and CV to Marie Raybould on email@example.com