We are currently recruiting and our current vacancy is shown below:
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Membership Advisor to join our team. Based at our office in Telford and with experience in customer service, you will be able to support the overall Shropshire Chamber member experience, driving member retention through usage and proactive support. You must be enthusiastic and a self-starter with a positive attitude and the ability to use your initiative to effectively communicate.
POSITION: Membership Advisor
REPORTS TO: Relationship Manager
STATUS: Permanent; Full-time – 37 hours per week
SALARY: £21,000 per year
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Retention and Customer Service Support
MAIN PURPOSE: To support the overall Chamber member experience, building relationships and driving member retention through encouraging benefit usage and providing proactive outbound telephone support. This position delivers a service to retain customers through positive relationship building, listening to concerns and working with the Relationship Manager in providing customer/member satisfaction.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
· To provide excellent customer service and administration, adhering to the membership journey and to also undertake new initiative calls
· In consultation with members, provide the line manager with regular updates on any requests or feedback from members
· Document all customer interactions on the in-house CRM system (Flightdeck), with detailed notes of discussions, contact made and feedback
· To work with all internal Chamber teams including Policy, Training and International Trade to ensure that the interests and needs of all members are communicated
· Encourage all members to increase their involvement with the Chamber
· To facilitate the delivery of membership services by providing information and support to members on how to access the benefits available to them
· Ensure all members are contacted regularly in line with the membership journey and administrate the information and any necessary follow-up
· Educate members regarding new product offerings; help develop their use across the membership
· Build a strong rapport by utilizing interpersonal skills, asking clarifying questions, and anticipating member needs.
· Produce regular data, as requested by your line manager
· To adhere to the Chamber’s policies and procedures, especially Health & Safety and IT and ensure compliance at all times.
· Occasionally act as a representative of Shropshire Chamber of Commerce as and when requested
· To undertake any other duties that may reasonably be requested
Essential Skills and Attributes
In order to perform this role effectively the following skills and attributes are essential:
• Excellent and confident telephone manner (Essential)
• Smart appearance and pleasant demeanour
• Flexible approach to working
• Confident with excellent communication skills
• Comfortable with a degree of autonomy
• A pro-active and positive approach to their work
• Up-to-date office IT skills e.g. MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, Database input
Tasks to be performed are not limited by this job description. The post-holder will be required to take additional duties within their capabilities as and when workloads demand. The role may change depending on the needs of the business. Training and support will be given in the event of major changes.
1. To work closely with other members of the Team to ensure that all Business Plan, Performance and Financial Targets are achieved.
2. To keep updated with all new literature and information and maintain a thorough knowledge of new procedures and statutory/regulatory requirements.
3. To work closely with other team members and complement and support the organisation’s delivery and development.
4. To ensure that all information is entered on to the Chamber’s CRM system in accordance with agreed procedures.
5. To adhere to and actively promote the Chamber Equal Opportunities policy.
6. At all times to work within the Chamber Health and Safety policy and ensure so far as is reasonable, that safe working practices are established, maintained and followed.
7. To work within and assist in maintaining the British Chambers of Commerce Accreditation Standard for the organisation.
8. Any other duties as directed by the Relationship Manager.
- Life insurance
- Private medical/dental insurance
- On-site parking
Reference ID: MembershipAdvisor1
To apply for this vacancy, please submit your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
No agencies please