A new call for applications for the UK Shared Prosperity Fund (UKSPF) has just opened and will remain open for applications until 12 noon on 16 June 2023.
This call will be for projects under the People and Skills Priority. Projects must deliver from 1st July 2023 until 31st March 2025 with all outcomes and outputs achieved by 31st March 2025.
Under this priority, the council is seeking applications for projects from intermediary organisations to deliver support to beneficiaries, for example through skills support initiatives.
It is not a call that will support individual grant requests from beneficiaries for their own training needs and it will only support activities that will be delivered at a cost price only.
Activities should address one or more of the high-level opportunities:
- Employment support for economically inactive people: to move people closer towards mainstream provision and employment,
- Intervention to increase levels of digital inclusion, with a focus on essential digital skills, communicating the benefits of getting (safely) online, and in community support to provide users with the confidence and trust to stay online.
The minimum bid thresholds are £150,000 for activity relating to Employment support for economically inactive people and £100,000 for Increasing levels of digital inclusion and essential digital skills
There is also a call for projects which will qualify for the Department of Education’s ‘Multiply’ funding which was part of the overall UK Shared Prosperity Fund awarded to Shropshire Council
Projects applying for this section of funding should address one or more of the following high-level opportunities :
- Increasing confidence in numeracy skills for those individuals who are 19 years old and over and who do not have level 2 in Maths.
- Improve the ability, understanding and use of maths in daily life, home, and work.
- Increase the number of adults participating in and achieving adult numeracy qualifications up to Level 2 (both GCSE C/4 above and Functional Skills qualifications).
- Complementary to existing schemes such as adult education budget (AEB) and must not displace or duplicate existing numeracy provision
The application deadline is 12 noon on 16th June 2023.
Applications under this Priority MUST be made through the Delta tendering portal. Here applicants will also find all the necessary information pertaining to the application process.